This list is non-exhaustive and serves as a guide for you to expand on Singapore’s characteristics… Pls take a look at my previous post on Singapore’s characteristics, so that you would have a better overview.
- Highly globalized and connected city, with heavy focus on technological developments
- Highly educated
- High cost of living
- Pragmatic, concerns usually surround economic issues and survivals
- Low birth rate
- Greying population
- Highly affluent- high levels of disposable income
- Migrant society with identity in constant flux
- Long working hours (one of the highest in the world) rat-race pace of life
- Religious/ racial harmony
- Capital and knowledge-intensive economy
- High levels of censorship by the government
When writing your AQ, you should always try to input these into your paragraphs to demonstrate an awareness of Singapore’s society and to show the relevance of the argument to Singapore.