is parallel to
, where is a scalar.
2. Using partial fractions, we find that
Using method of differences (DIY), we have that
3. differs from by less than 1
Plot the graph of and in the GC, sketch it out. * You can key in modulus by pressing (alpha)(window)(1).
Observe that the -coordinates of the intersections points between the graphs are .
Replace with .
5. (i) .
5. (ii) Let , then .
Sum of first 40 even-numbered terms
years of extraction
8. We substitute the given points and into . We have
We have .
We observe we have a circle with centre and radius
9. (i) Equations of asymptotes: .
9. (ii) Max and Min . Axial intercepts: and .
(a) From the sketch, the line does not cut the curve when .
(b) From the sketch, two real roots when