- ‘Nothing but provocation and self-centredness.’ Is this a fair description of the state of affairs in today’s world?
- ‘My life, my choice.’ How far can people expect to live life this way?
- Should historical monuments and objects be preserved when such an undertaking is very expensive or even a source of unhappiness?
- ‘Many receive an education, but few are educated.’ Discuss with reference to situations in your society today.
- ‘Tourism brings less developed countries more harm than good.’ Comment.
- How worried should we be that recent advances in science and technology are creating new challenges and worsening old problems?
- ‘Looks matter, and much more than substance too.’ Would you agree with this claim?
- ‘The hallmark of a great country is not how prosperous it is, but how inclusive its people can be.’ Should your country work towards this ideal?
- ‘We must surrender our human rights to win the battle against terrorism.’ Do you agree?
- ‘Smart cities: innovative, but not necessarily better.’ What do you think?
- ‘Corporate social responsibility is bad for business and companies should not be expected to take it up. To what extent would you agree?
- ‘Let us read and let us sin, for what harm can these amusements bring?’ Comment.
HCI GP Prelims paper 1 20172017-09-282017-10-01http://theculture.sg/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/the-culture-logo.pngThe Culture SGhttp://theculture.sg/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/bsedc20aioi-kaleb-kendall.jpg200px200px